Which Type of NY Rhinoplasty Is Right for You?
Nose jobs are not one-size-fits-all. Rhinoplasty surgery to reshape the nose is as unique as the nose on your face. Expert New York facial plastic surgeons like Dr. Edward Kwak carefully tailor rhinoplasty procedures to the personal facial structure and appearance goals of each individual patient.
One of the most challenging and technically complex surgeries in the field of facial plastic surgery, rhinoplasty involves a plethora of tiny details beyond the size and shape of the nose. Each tiny change made to the underlying cartilage and bone structure of the patient’s nose has repercussions that affect both the function and appearance of the patient’s new nose.
Just some of the many details a licensed facial plastic surgeon must consider before performing rhinoplasty are the height of the nose’s tip, the size and shape of the nostrils, the distance between the nostrils and their distance from the upper lip, the slope of the nose, the distance from the eyes to the tip of the nose, the elasticity and thickness of the skin, and myriad additional details.
The sensitive nature of rhinoplasty demands the attention of a rhinoplasty specialist like Dr. Kwak.
Manhattan rhinoplasty experts utilize several different types of rhinoplasty procedures to reshape a patient’s nose:
- Revision rhinoplasty corrects unsatisfactory results from a prior surgery. Exacting precision surgery is required to prevent damaging tissues that have already been traumatized by the previous procedure.
- Augmentation rhinoplasty increases the shape of the nose and is frequently requested by non-Caucasian patients.
- Reduction rhinoplasty reduces the overall size of the nose so that it is more proportional to the rest of the face.
- Post-traumatic nasal surgery repairs a broken nose.
- Rhinoplasty for a deviated septum reshapes the nose’s internal wall (septum), usually to improve sinus or breathing problems.