Given today’s rapidly changing environment due to Coronavirus and Covid-19, we are adapting to these changes and are offering virtual consultations. Going forward, this is going to be something that’s implemented more frequently, not just for pre-operative assessments, but also for post-operative care.
Our team is committed to helping you with your decision-making process and we are proud to offer virtual consultations for those considering cosmetic enhancements. From the comfort & privacy of your own home, Dr. Kwak will guide you and provide you informative plastic surgery advice tailored to your specific needs and goals.
Virtual consultations are time-saving, cost-effective, and allow Dr. Kwak to evaluate your candidacy, address any questions or concerns, and discuss your desired outcomes.
Prior to your consultation:
- Our team will reach out to you to confirm and coordinate the availability and time of your consultation with Dr. Kwak.
- We will also send you a general intake form to help with your consultation, we request this be filled out and sent back prior to your scheduled consultation.
- Our team will confirm the required hardware (laptop computer, iPad, phone) and software required for the consultation.
During your consultation:
- To get the best assessment and communication we request that the consultation be performed inside in a quiet room with natural lighting or lighting arranged on the face so as to limit overexposure or excess shadows.
- This ideally is performed alone or with at most one other person. (If you are a minor you will be required to have a parent or guardian present).
- We recommend during the consultation refraining from wearing makeup or facial piercings.
- We want this to be an opportunity for you to learn about our practice and the suitability of a particular procedure for you, so ask away.
- Based on the conclusion of your consultation: If a decision is made that you may be a candidate for a procedure we will require you to come in for a formal in-person consultation to make a final assessment and recommendation.
For prospective rhinoplasty patients:
- To assist during the consult Dr. Kwak will utilize computer imaging software to show potential changes to the nose.
- The quality of the photo is very important for Dr. Kwak to adequately perform this part of the consult.
- For this portion of the consult, two photos views are needed. Lighting on the face should be such to limit shadows, natural sunlight works best.
- Please refrain from wearing makeup.
- Lighting is critical. We find natural sunlight provides even lighting. Avoid using flash photography or edits.
- Make sure the submitted photo is as clear resolution as possible of the nose.
- Try to take a photo with the face framed similarly in size as our examples (a photo too close can distort the nose and a photo from too far away can be hard to image)
*Dr. Kwak will attempt his best at imaging but based in the submitted photos or your particular concerns, may deem that this portion of the consult be deferred for the in-person consultation when we will take standardized photos.
**All proposal are subject to change based on the in-person consultation.
***Limitations of the virtual consultation: Please note, there are limitations to the virtual consultation which will require face to face consultation to confirm the final plans and assessment prior to surgery. Also note that the virtual consultation recommendations may change upon the findings and assessments performed at the in-person consultation. For rhinoplasty and nasal surgeries, full evaluation of the internal nasal anatomy to assess for functional aspects cannot be performed under virtual consultations and will require an in-person consultation prior to surgery. For assessment for soft tissue and anatomical variations, those also are only performed via a personal face-to-face consultation. For eyelid evaluations, lower lid tone and ptosis will be confirmed via only in-person traditional consultations.