Celebrities Often Influence New York Facial Plastic Surgery Choices
It is human to want to emulate people you admire. In America, celebrities, particularly movie and television stars, are held up as examples of physical perfection and frequently influence New York facial plastic surgery requests. It seems as though every newly popular television show or hot young actress or international celebrity engenders its share of cosmetic surgery wanna-bes. Numerous popular television shows from Friends to Mad Men have generated celebrity copycats. When Kate Middleton married Britain’s Prince William, sister Pippin’s derriere-hugging dress caused a flood of fanny lifts requests that hadn’t been seen since Jennifer Lopez shimmied on stage. Angelina Jolie’s full lips were responsible for a jump in lip procedures, and Greta Garbo’s expressive eyes still mesmerize.
To gauge the extent to which celebrity popularity influences patients’ facial plastic surgery decisions, the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery surveyed more than 20,000 plastic surgeons. Participating plastic surgeons were asked to match celebrity names to various cosmetic surgery procedures. Hollywood stars, local celebrities and classic beauties like Sophia Loren and Elizabeth Taylor were most frequently named as representing patients’ ideal appearance.
Published in the society’s newsletter, ISAPS News, the results revealed the current “ideal” man and woman.
The ideal woman would have:
- The eyes of Angelina Jolie. Catherine Zeta-Jones, Demi Moore and Salma Hayek also had their fans; as did classic beauties such as Sophia Loren, Elizabeth Taylor and Greta Garbo.
- The cheeks of Sophia Loren with Michelle Pfeiffer and Nicole Kidman not far behind.
- The chin of Charlize Theron with Sonia Braga, Nicole Kidman and Julia Roberts earning equal admiration.
- The forehead of Nicole Kidman, Madonna, Elizabeth Taylor or Oprah Winfrey, all equally desirable.
- The lips of Angelina Jolie with Julia Roberts’ famous smile running a close second.
- The nose of Nicole Kidman. Julia Roberts and Jennifer Aniston also claimed a fair share of the votes.
Next time: The ideal man!