NY Facial Plastic Surgery Patients Reveal “Ideal” Man
Our society’s perception of beauty is generally defined by the appearance of Hollywood stars, popular singers, sports stars and other prominent celebrities. We may admire the look of George Clooney’s commanding jaw or the shape of Brad Pitt’s well-proportioned nose or the definition of Mark Walberg’s chiseled abs. We may covet J-Lo’s sexy derriere or Angelina Jolie’s lush lips. But each of us is unique and only a few of us are endowed with the Hollywood features that define great beauty in our society.
However, New York facial plastic surgery has leveled the playing field. Cosmetic surgery can give us Angelina’s luscious lips, George’s jutting chin and even Mark’s spectacular abs.
The attractive features of popular celebrities frequently influence cosmetic surgery choices – for both women and MEN. Male patients come to New York facial plastic surgeons asking to have Brad Pitt’s nose or Taylor Lautner’s quirky smile or Johnny Depp’s soulful eyes. A survey of 20,000 plastic surgeons by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, published in the society’s newsletter ISAPS News, revealed the American vision of the “ideal” man: (For society’s vision of the “ideal” woman, see our previous post.)
The ideal man would have:
- The soulful eyes of Ben Affleck, Brad Pitt or George Clooney, all equally admired for their manly gaze.
- The cheeks of Tom Cruise, closely followed by George Clooney and Brad Pitt.
- The chin of George Clooney with Brad Pitt a close runner-up. Kirk Douglas’ famous cleft chin and Errol Flynn’s legendary jaw were also popular with men, as were the jaw lines of Ricky Martin and Antonio Banderas.
- The forehead of Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt.
- The lips of Brad Pitt or George Clooney with Antonio Banderas at their heels.
- The nose of Brad Pitt, followed by George Clooney.