Questions to Ask Before Choosing a NY Facial Plastic Surgeon
Whether you’re considering rhinoplasty (nose surgery), eyelid surgery, wrinkle treatment or a facelift, your satisfaction with the results of your cosmetic surgery procedure will depend primarily on the skill and experience of the Manhattan plastic surgeon you choose to perform your procedure. With dozens of plastic surgeons in New York City, how do you choose?
Referrals from friends can provide a starting point, but you still have to do your homework. Check the surgeon’s credentials, ask questions about his training and experience, and ask to view before and after photos of actual patients.
Before choosing a New York facial plastic surgeon, ask these questions:
- 1. Are you board certified and in what medical specialty? Choose a NY plastic surgeon that is board certified specifically in facial plastic surgery, indicating that he has met additional education and practice requirements in the specific medical specialty of facial plastic surgery that go beyond the requirements for general plastic surgery.
- 2. What percentage of your practice is devoted to facial plastic surgery? Choose a Manhattan plastic surgeon who limits his practice to the face and neck region.
- 3. How many rhinoplasty procedures or facelifts (or whatever specific procedure you are considering) do you do each month? Choose a facial plastic surgeon that regularly performs the procedure you want to have.
- 4. What hospital are you affiliated with? Choose a facial plastic surgeon who is affiliated with an accredited and respected hospital.
- 5. Do you teach and what do you teach? Give preference to a facial plastic surgeon that has the expertise to have been selected to teach the next generation of plastic surgeons.